On this page, find out more about our enrolment policy, pre-enrolment, and visits for Nearly Fives, or download forms and maps. To ensure student-teacher levels optimal for learning, Browns Bay School has an enrolment policy in place to define criteria for enrolment. Entry is given to those children residing in the defined geographic zone only.
Browns Bay School has had significant roll growth over the past few years, and this trend is continuing. The Ministry of Education has advised the Board of Trustees that extra new classrooms will not be available unless the current Enrolment Scheme is actively implemented. The Board of Trustees has not enrolled any out of zone students for some time. Unfortunately, we are now unable to enrol siblings of current students, if they are living out of our zone.
Parents need to be aware that if they move to an out of zone address their enrolled child is still considered in-zone, yet any siblings will not be eligible to attend Browns Bay School.
The Board will inform parents if there is any change to this policy.
You can view the zone map here.
The School’s home zone shall comprise: Taking in both sides of all roads mentioned except where specified:
- from the coastline through the line of 115 Churchill Road to the intersection of Churchill Road and Montgomery Road;
- west along Montgomery Road to Beach Road;
- Knights Road and Browns Bay Road to the intersection with East Coast Road;
- East Coast Road to Arran Road - 616 to 646 on the western side of East Coast Road and 525 to 559 on the eastern side of East Coast Road;
- passing down Arran Road until the intersection with Nigel Road and there on to the intersection with Glencoe Road (1 – 43 Glencoe Road only);
- from there to the Sherwood Reserve/Freyberg Park boundary and following the stream northwards between Stapleford Crescent and Woodlands Crescent and looping around Branston and Wilkinson Way to the intersection of Woodlands Crescent with Carlisle Road;1 – 15 Carlisle Road, up to 831 Beach Road to Valley Road and Manly Esplanade directly to the coast.
For 2017 Enrolments please download the form here.
For 2018 Enrolments please download the form here.
If the enrolment is for a 5 year old please also fill out the prior participation in early childhood education form here.
It is important that children are enrolled by the September of the YEAR before they turn 5. Browns Bay School warmly welcomes ‘Nearly Fives’ and their parents on Preschool Visit days. Preschool visits are held on alternate Tuesdays between 9.30-10.30am. At least one or two visits are worthwhile for pre-schoolers to become acquainted with the school environment before turning five. For more info please download this preschool visit info brochure.
Preschool Visit dates 2017
Term 1 Tuesday 7 February, Tuesday 21 February, Tuesday 7 March, Tuesday 21 March, Tuesday 4 April
Term 2 Tuesday 9 May, Tuesday 23 May, Tuesday 6 June, Tuesday 20 June, Tuesday 4 July
Term 3 Tuesday 1 August, Tuesday 15 August, Tuesday 29 August, Tuesday 12 September, Tuesday 26 September
Term 4 Tuesday 24 October, Tuesday 7 November, Tuesday 21 November, Tuesday 05 December
Our Associate Principal will contact families prior to your childs start to make a separate enrolment meeting with you. For more information please contact the school office for details.
International Student Enrolments
We welcome students from all over the world to their new Kiwi home at Browns Bay School. For more information about international enrolments please click here